Wednesday, November 2, 2011

They're a Hoot

Have I ever mentioned how much I love knitting?? Well let me remind you!

It was 4 days before my sister's birthday last week, and with all the traveling & visitors we had all month, I was not prepared with a gift or even an idea for a gift. My only stipulation, it needed to be low-cost & that means that I will be making the gift. So I went to www.ravelry.com to search for some inspiration and hopefully a free pattern (more of keeping costs low). (For those of you who don't know, www.ravelry.com is a social networking site for those who knit & crochet, it's AMAZING!)

Once I remembered that my younger sister loves owls, the search got even easier. I finally stumbled along a pattern. It wasn't the cutest one I saw, but it filled the aforementioned stipulation, it was free!

Once they were knitted, with eyes & beaks on I was still skeptical. BUT, once I weighted the bottoms with beans (the only cost associated, a bank breaking $.74) & stuffed them with fill, they were better than I thought they would be. They're turned out super cute, don't you agree?!?!



Teal Owl


Brown Owl


Pink Owl


Cute new friends!


And here is the birthday girl, do you think she liked them?!?!



I LOVE knitting!!

The Nanny That Knits

No comments:

Post a Comment