Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Me Time

This past weekend my Dad & Mom gave my husband & I a wonderful gift, 2 days of no parenting. This will most likely be the last time we have a kid-free weekend, seeing as we are due to have another baby in April (so stay tuned for lots of fun posts about all the cute little baby things I will be making in the next couple of months). But enough about kids, this post is suppose to be about not having kids around.

Sunday, my husband had some golf to play and luckily I got to stay at home alone. I love my alone time, especially now that I have a little one who needs lots of together time. While he was gone for several hours, I went all out. I watched guilty Netflix (Justin Bieber, Never Say Never. Yes, I like his music. Judge if you want) and sat the whole time while knitting something for ME! Can you believe it?? It always seems funny to me that I have a hard time knitting items for myself, but there's always something to be making for someone else or an event that is coming up.

The item I decided to make was an even more guilty pleasure. For years I have been wanting to make myself some fingerless gloves, especially now that I have a child and need motion than my mittens will afford. So I sat down with my favorite mitten pattern and modified it to make my fingerless gloves. Here is the final result.


I made the glove longer up the arm, I don't like a gap on my wrist between my shirt and hand wear when it's really cold. And a second modification was that I made the ribbing along the fingers and thumb, just a little fun touch to make them original.

Needless to say, my me time was successful! Along with a low-key, kid-free weekend at home with my husband. And a bonus about making the fingerless gloves, they match the Infinity Scarf I made last month!!


The Nanny That Knits

No comments:

Post a Comment